An Attorney with Integrity 

Video Blog

Can I get testimony from someone living in another state?

Posted on October 13, 2016 at 1:10 PM

A party to a child custody proceeding may offer testimony of witnesses located in another state, by deposition or other means available in Florida, for testimony taken in another state. The court may order that the testimony of a person be taken in another state and may prescribe the manner in which and the terms upon which the testimony is taken.

Upon agreement of the parties, the court may permit an individual residing in another state to be deposed or to testify by telephone or other electronic means. A court in Florida will cooperate with courts of other states in designating an appropriate location for deposition testimony.


Categories: None

Post a Comment


Oops, you forgot something.


The words you entered did not match the given text. Please try again.